Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hammin' it up while trying to bring home the bacon!

SOOOOO, the last event of the county fair is always the greased pig contest.

The object of this event is to catch the pig.

The main question is "Do you get to keep the pig?"

YES YOU DO!

Next question, "What are you going to do with it if you catch it?"

Well, this year we had a grand plan.

A bonfire pig roast.

Yes, my vegetarian sister would be horrified by such an event.

There are no words really to explain this fiasco.

So I leave you with some of the pictures and quotes about
MUD!!!!!  AND PIGS!!!!!



"They come because they are looking forward to beautiful, crystal-clear water.
But they're getting mud or, as someone called it, cocoa."


"How dirty do your feet have to get without suffocating yourself in the mud 
in order to get and inch of what you really want done?


"I am very proud to be called a pig.  It stands for PRIDE, INTEGRITY, and GUTS." 



"Litigation:  A machine you go into as a pig and come out of as sausage."



"These are bagpipes.  
I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm.  Unfortunately, the man-made sound never equaled the purity of the sound achieved by the pig."
"When you tell people about the mud pit, 
you separate yourself from anybody else who does any kind of athletic activity."


"Pigs prefer to wallow in clean mud."


"If you see a defense team with dirt and mud on their backs, they've had a bad day." 


"I remember my mother always finding mud somehow 
and putting it on the sting"


 "War has rules, mud wrestling has rules - politics has no rules."




"The world is mud-lucious and puddle-wonderful."


"He who slings mud generally looses ground."


"We sit in the mud and reach for the stars."

"Here I've been waiting for 20 years to dance with Fred Astaire, 
and what do I get?  Mud in my eye!"  
"That man over there says that women need to be helped into carriages,
 and lifted over ditches, and to have the best place everywhere.  
Nobody ever helps me into carriages, or over mud-puddles, or gives me any best place!"


"A girl is Innocence playing in the mud, Beauty standing on its head,
 and Motherhood dragging a doll by the foot."


"I like my women to be feminine, not sliding into tackles and covered in mud."






"Fame is like a shaved pig with a greased tail, and it is only after it has slipped through the hands of some thousands that some fellow, by mere chance, holds on to it!"



"The next day my daughter asked, 'Mom, are you sore?'
I answered, 'Yes dear, I am. I am not sure how it's possible but my whole body even both of my ears are very sore.' "


 -  Hootiecootie

6 comments:

  1. HAHA! I love this! Thanks for the great time!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your view as an innocent by-stander was more interesting!

    ^..^
    <>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like great fun. Too bad you didn't catch it. Pig tastes good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pig is very good! The idea for a pig roast is not dead though. Mr. Croissant has connections. Does living in the country still look appealing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent and enjoyable photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you to Mr. Croissant and two innocent bystanders for those!

    ReplyDelete