Friday, April 27, 2012

I love Telemarketers!

This evening, I was making pizzas.

The phone rings.

I am not too sure who it is (caller ID you know) and I am watching other people's children so I don't want to miss a call.

"Hello."

"Um, hello (heavy overseas accent), how are you?"

"I am fine, thank you.  How are you?"  Why did I answer the phone?  And how am I going to charitably get out of this?

"I am great.  (uncomfortable pause)  Congratulations.  You have just won a free wireless security system.  How do you feel about that?"

WAHOOOOOOOO!  I have an answer for that!!!!!

"Thank you so much but I already have a wireless security system.  We own several guns and are not afraid to use them."


VERY LONG SILENCE  . . . . . . . . 


"Oh . . . . . . . Thank you."  


CLICK


The right comeback is so satisfying!!!!


2 comments:

  1. A couple of years ago, I heard a guy interviewed on a local radio station. Apparently, his comebacks for telemarketers were legendary. One memorable call (he taped it and played it on the radio), was from a carpet cleaner. He immediately pretended to have just murdered someone, and asked if they could get blood out--a lot of blood. He kept it up throughout the whole call and had the caller scared straight. Awesome! But Gretchen, yours is right up there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny Robyn! I can't imagine how the person on the other end of the phone felt. I did telemarketing for a grand total of 9 days as a second job. It was the second worst job I ever had. My time at the Disney Store managed to get #1.

    ReplyDelete