Saturday, May 12, 2012

FROGS: Part 2

I guess I need to finish the story.

The end will make even the toughest of men who like frog legs cringe.

This ending is just for you, men with iron stomachs!

So, later in the evening, my eldest son was looking a little sickly.

I started to tease him about the frogs that he had eaten.

The conversation continued and as it unfolded, the queasiness I had felt earlier in the day began to overtake me.

It turns out those frogs they had eaten:  Well, they had been killed a day or two before and had been sitting on the pond bank all that time.

I had wondered at the time why some of those frogs looked particularly "shriveled" and even more unappetizing than some of the other "freshly killed ones".

What did the boys have to say for themselves?  "Oh, we thought you knew and that is why you had us eat them."

They are all still alive.  3 days later.

The boys.  Not the frogs.

As Paul Harvey would say,  "Now you know the rest of the story."

1 comment: