Thursday, May 10, 2012

There is a special place in heaven for mothers of boys!



I am not even sure I want to admit to all of this but really, what is a mother to do?

My boys own bb guns.  That is fine.  They just a little higher powered than air soft guns (of which we do not own).

I have 2 extra boys staying with me and that makes 5 boys total all about the same age.

I took my girls to work.  Came home.

Hummmmmm, bb guns are out.

Boys are at the pond.

DUMB KIDS!

I have several rules about these bb guns.

1.  NO SHOOTING AT EACH OTHER.  EVER!
2.  Don't shoot at rocks, metal, buildings, cars, blah, blah, blah.
3.  DO NOT SHOOT AT OR KILL AN ANIMAL YOU DO NOT INTEND TO EAT!!!!!

Yep.  They broke rule number 3.

Dead frogs.

MAD!  I am and was not happy.

So, follow through is always essential when you are a parent.  They will clean and eat the frogs for lunch.

Gag.  Yuck! and everything else I can think of.

I know most men and boys are thinking, "ALRIGHT!"

While all of the women (or most) are thinking, "OH, not in the kitchen!"

FOLLOW THROUGH!

Breathe deeply!

At first this was all very satisfying.  There were long faces and comments like, "I tried to shoot one but couldn't even hit one, please, don't make me eat the frog!"

THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO SEE!


That felt good.  Satisfaction in misery.  I like my little croaking frogs in the pond.

Then came the actual deed.  Cleaning and preparing.


They look really sad huh?


 

Yes.  They started to enjoy the whole thing.  GRRRRRR.  That was not supposed to be the outcome!


I am not going to be able to eat for a week and my WHOLE HOUSE stinks!


Why is it always that the best punishments end up being fun and I am the one that suffers?

Well, shucks.  I thought, I thought it would be horrible and I would make them suffer!


I think I will break into my special secret stash of goodies.

I think I deserve one.

I think I will drink it outside because my house smells SO BAD.

God bless all you mothers out there!

Especially, mothers of boys.

And girls.

4 comments:

  1. Boys, boys, boys, how could they?!!! Poor frogs! Poor Hootiecootie! I bet you were "hopping" mad! ;) Yes, enjoy the drink out in this beautiful weather. You totally deserve it! :) Happy early Mother's Day.

    P.S. Peter's face "croaks" me up!

    ~Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are TOO funny! Yes. I missed the punch line on this one! I almost croaked!!!!

    Happy Mother's Day to you as well my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gretchen, this grossed me out!! I dislike eating frog legs.

    Boys got some protein out of the deal...good thing? ;)

    Anna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grossed you out!

    Someone today said, "Wow, frog legs and fruit salad. Can we do that again? That was the coolest punishment EVER!"

    ReplyDelete