Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Because of my sanguine-choleric temperament . . .

So many people I speak to refer to their temperament when they are talking about themselves and their feelings and decisions.  They even blog about it.

I have skimmed over the information relating to the topic but really never thought it was information that I cared about.  I even purchased a book about it and read it.  All I saw was BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

I am who I am, right?

What does in the world would this silly test tell me?

So, I FINALLY decided to find out and take the test.

I guess I am a "sanguine-choleric".  

Let me read on:
The sanguine-choleric is the most extroverted of all the temperament combinations. With the addition of the choleric aspect, the optimistic, impulsive, fun-loving sanguine becomes more adept at follow-through, taking significant leadership roles, and juggling many projects without unduly sacrificing productivity. This temperament tends to be a happy combination of charm and decisiveness, creativity and analytical skill, friendliness and focus.
Your ability to connect with people balances out the domineering and relentless temperament of the pure choleric. You value relationships highly and make friends easily. You are insightful, enthusiastic, and affectionate; your sanguine capacity for dealing with people, combined with the leadership skills of the choleric, make you an excellent manager of people. You are also capable of constancy, dedication, and serious undertakings — though at times you may have been underestimated, due to your often humorous and light-hearted manner. You not only are capable of creative inspiration, but also you will find within yourself the persistence and drive needed to carry out your inspirations.
St. Peter may have been a sanguine-choleric. He was impulsive, enthusiastic, protective, talkative, frequently wrong — yet a heroic and passionate leader of the flock.
The bad news is that, if intellectual, human or spiritual formation is seriously lacking, this temperament blend can exhibit the worst of the two temperaments: overly talkative, brassy, opinionated, loud, rash, swift to jump to conclusions, and forgetful. If intellectual depth is lacking, this temperament mixture can become superficial, bossy, and intolerant. The high-spirited humor of the sanguine can become biting and hurtful when combined with the unforgiving, vengeful nature of the poorly formed choleric. If pleasure-seeking and impulsivity are not contained, the sanguine-choleric may wind up with a lax conscience that justifies his weaknesses, ultimately resulting in habitual sin. Easily captivated by exciting new projects or opportunities, the sanguine-choleric should watch out for his tendency to come up with great ideas, put everyone to work, and then drop the ball when the project gets tiresome. On the other hand, the natural generosity flowing from the sanguine temperament will commit him to many good works.
If your temperament is sanguine-choleric, for a better understanding of your temperament it is recommended that you read the full descriptions of the sanguine and choleric.
That bad news related to my temperament is right on the mark.

Hummmmm. . . . . . I believe I need to go to my bookshelf and read further.

I can see the helpful nature of this test in regards to my spiritual growth and welfare.

And now when someone asks me what my temperament is, I thankfully will have an answer.   

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Meloncholy/Sanguine/Choleric mix. Depending upon my mood and who I'm with, I can take on the characteristics of any one of them. You bring out the sanguine in me, and that's just one of the many reasons I love spending time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you "Sew Sacramental"!!! You make this Sanguine smile!! ;)

    ReplyDelete