Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It really can happen but probably just to me so relax.

One fine January day, I filled up my car with gas.

Okay.  It was today.

I went inside to get some gum and ran into several people I hadn't seen in a long time.

I chatted happily with them.

The whole gas station was packed with cars and since I live in a small town, I knew almost all of the people with them.

I was running late for another appointment.

I said my good byes and jumped in my car and started to speed away . . . . . 

ONLY TO REALIZE I HAD RIPPED THE HOSE FROM THE PUMP AND WAS DRAGGING IT, STILL ATTACHED TO MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I got out of my car and removed the hose from my gas tank, I humbly smiled at the crowd that had gathered to witness my stupidity.

I handed the hose to the attendant; who was now too in the lot staring at me.

Wow.

There is a first time for everything.

And I hope a last too.

Please remember to remove the hose from your car before you drive away.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when God sends you those opportunities to showcase your humility?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do. In the end, I am sorry the children weren't with me. They would have thought it hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WERE you praying for humility? That is when these things really start to happen....poor baby!

    Mempoit

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the beauty of prayer and trust in Divine Providence. God allows what is best for our soul.

    It is all part of the big picture.

    No sympathy needed. I got a good laugh out of it.

    ReplyDelete