Friday, September 23, 2011

Follow the yellow brick road!!!!!!!

Thank you so much to those who tried to guess what we did on Day 1.  I do wish I had picked up the biggest ball of twine though because at lease once or twice it would have come in handy binding up people in the back!

Here it is!

It's Kansas, what else is there?!?!?!?

We're off to see the Wizard the Wonderful Wizard of OZ!
 
Who knew the Wiz was so cute?
Oz even has "beautiful girls"!!!!!!
What has Hootiecootie gotten us into!
Now this is scary!

The adventures begin!
Really guys, let's get going!  We've got places to go!


For those who might be interested in visiting Oz also, it is in a small town, Wamego, Kansas.  In October, it has the famous Oztober festival. Not a bad drive from Kansas City, either. 

The Oz Winery actually had some good wines.  I only sampled a couple though.  I wanted to buy several because the labels were funny.

THE NEXT CHALLENGE FOR MY FOLLOWERS IS THIS:  

** I bought a bottle of wine.  Go to http://www.ozwinerykansas.com/.  I will share the bottle of wine with the person who can correctly guess the one I bought.

9 comments:

  1. It's a toss up between Kansas in the rear view mirror or drunken munchkin. I'm going to go with Kansas in the rear view mirror.

    By the way....I'm loving this blog.

    Mrs. Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it Run, Toto, Run?
    All very good names for wines, too.
    I never knew this place existed, and I'm originally from Kansas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to Say Run,Toto,Run; but since it was already taken I will say Can't Find My Way Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you guys have fingers of lightning on posting! I'll let people post a bit before revealing the secret label.

    Mrs. Hall, IF you happen to be right, I will gladly wait the appropriate time before popping the cork. By then you'll need a glass and we will really have something to toast to! By the way, God couldn't have picked a better lady and family!

    Ben, you are a brave one admitting you're from Kansas! But, with a name like "Ben Dover", I guess admitting you're from Kansas is nothing.

    Peggy, it's a good thing I hadn't had any before I went to my destination yesterday! Thank you! It was great, great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flying Monkey???

    I was going to guess Kansas in the Rear View Mirror, but it was taken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Robyn, I sure wish a flying monkey would pick me up and take us to the beach! We can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You went to Oatman? Please post some pics...other people probably wouldn't believe what awaits them there. Hope the kids had a "hootie" good time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am posting as fast as I can! Too bad we can't just have a travel cam on our heads!

    But yes, we are having a "hootie" blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm taking another guess on that bottle of wine.....is it Oil Can?

    ReplyDelete