Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Heading as far west as I can go . . . . . . . For now.

The interesting scenes along I-10.

There were thousands of "windmills" all along the picturesque landscape!
Each state has such distinct features. 
We left the Sonoran Desert in Arizona and entered the Mohave Desert in California.
Each mountain range is so different.  These along the drive were certainly not a disappointment.
I have one occupant in the Hootiemobile that has grown tired of this adventure though is still being a good sport about humoring me with it.  I think the occasional stop at Starbucks is helping. 

Yesterday we left Phoenix and arrived in LA about dinner time.  I am blessed to be staying with my cousin Jere, his lovely wife, Robin and their 6 children.  When I was 6 my family spent Christmas out here with his family in this very home.  It is so nice to return.

About a year and a half ago, Jere and his family made a trip to Washington D.C. like the one we are on only very well thought out and planned.  I met them as they passed through St. Louis at the Arch with a pot of chicken soup.  Last night when we arrived, we got the best reciprocal soup EVER!!!!!  Good food while you are traveling can make or break everything.  We have been doing good so far but HOMEMADE SOUP!!!  YUMMY YUMMY.
If you ever host weary travelers, feed them soup!!!!
I am most impressed that they had enough seats for all of us!

With 6 other young people to have fun with and talk to, I believe it will help mine with the fact they are missing their friends.  

11 children were around the dinner table last night, this question was posed to each one, "How many children would you like to have when you grow up."  Individually the answers ranged from 0 - 15 and I believe the collective total when we all get together in the future is the potential of having around 74 grandchildren there also with us.

I think I had better start saving for a bigger car!

1 comment:

  1. Now, you would think the possibility of a family gathering with 74 kids would certainly elicit comments from your international friends! Seriously, though, we loved having ya'll here and will gladly do it again. I'll start saving for a bigger house!!

    ReplyDelete