Monday, October 3, 2011

North to Phoenix!!!!


There he is!  My BIG brother!  I will always look up to him.

Of course, you gotta eat pizza with the gang!

Goodyear was originally known for it's tire plants but now is home to several baseball teams spring training camps.

Swimming fun at Uncle Dan and Aunt Kelly's!

Fun playing with our cousin!





Everybody loves the Duke!

The whole gang


Hello Scottsdale! 
If someone every offers you a place to stay there, don't say no.
Right Mrs. Ganey?


Old Scottsdale schoolhouse where they only taught grammar
until the 1950's when it was ruled unconstitutional to do that.

After shopping for a bit, I quickly realized that I would
not be bringing home any new treasures today.



Hey, buddy that isn't really a good place to have a seat!


Just checking out the PIR!  Too bad there wasn't a race while we were there!


Yep, WE FINALLY MADE IT FOLKS!

For those who have a hard time making a decision on what to order,
this is the place for you!  Right Claire?  Your choice burger or burger.


Monday morning before we left, we went to mass
at St Thomas Aquinas.
 

Pray for us, dear Blessed Mother.


Then we went everyone over to the clinic where they pray the rosary.
The parishes are very active in having people regularly throughout
the day and week, holding signs and praying. 
It is the only time it is good to get honked at!
Please remember them in your prayers and for our country and world for an end to this barbaric practice.

Last parting shots.
 I am sorry I didn't have more time to spend with my dear brother and wonderful family!


Gift from Uncle Dan. 



Thanks Dan!  I am not supposed to take any "bull" off of anyone!
And that's an order!
 

The last of the goodies.


I am sorry sweetie but we just don't have room for him.  He'll have to stay.


You are all dearly loved and our time together was much needed and sincerely enjoyed.
I think we decided we need another road trip to meet up again!  And much sooner than the last time!

Next stop . . . . CALIFORNIA!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. oops! You missed Sedona, AZ. It is only about 29 miles from Flagstaff. Maybe you can catch it on your way home. Also, if you get a chance Death Valley is an awesome place to visit and YES they have a junior ranger program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did miss Sedona. I have been there before but it is also a beautiful place to visit.

    I would love to go everywhere but I seem to remember something in the far in my memory about needing to sew something and hmmmmm, something about a class to teach.

    Death Valley and I would get along marvelously on this trip! I had considered going there, too. I think however, I am going to have to cut a deal with at least one person in the car about that Junior Ranger thing!

    I will think about it all at the beach today. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH!! In and Out!!!

    I can't tell you how much I wish I was there with you for that. MMMM.

    Ashley H.

    Keep the pictures coming, love them!!

    ReplyDelete