Thursday, October 13, 2011

A relaxing day and yes, we all needed it.

After getting into Chico late in the evening and then staying up talking, we had restful slumber
 infront of her only heat source:  the fireplace.  Lovely.


The next day after breakfast we had a grand walk/run on a road
that is named Stage Road.  Everyone through the frisbee and footbal
and we tried to keep some small person out of the
poison oak growning along the edge.  I think we were successful.

Later in the day, John and I took another walk and found very tasty
bear food.  These blackberries were so much sweeter than my wild blackberries.
Did I mention bears?  Why yes I did.  The first night I was there my aunt said, "You don't have
any food in your car or windows cracked because a couple of people have had
their cars torn up by the bears."  Well, I must admit I didn't sleep really good imagining
the condition I was sure to find my car the next morning.  I am pleased to report no bear had targeted my car.

In the evening, we all hiked in her woods which
 are so different than ours.

Jeremy and Peter exploring and hunting for unusual pinecones.

 
We don't have trees quite like this.

Outside front of my aunt's cabin.  It is a charming and peaceful retreat.


No comments:

Post a Comment