Saturday, October 15, 2011

Trip Stats


So, here is the low down on the trip.

Total miles traveled:  7,377.3

I think this about sums it up. 
  1. All 50 states license plates were spotted including some from Mexico, Canada and Europe.
  2. Favorite national park:  3 way tie between Sequoia, Grand Canyon and Zion
  3. Favorite city:  San Francisco
  4. Best ice cream:  Durango
  5. Number of things lost:  2 - one earing and one shoe (which was really important)
  6. Number of injuries:  3 - one requiring butterfly bandages (and produced a black eye), one from the catus (that you read about earlier) and one very infected knee (no idea how that happened that required seeing a doctor upon arriving home)  Yes, it was all the same person, too.
  7. Things spilled in the car:   2 very hot cups of coffee on the same person and 2 gallons of water.
  8. State with the cutest towns: Colorado
  9. State with the worst drivers:  Colorado
  10. Gas prices:  Highest:  $4.74   Lowest:  $2.99
  11. Temperatures:  High - 106 in Nevada  Low - 24 in Colorado
  12. Number of flat tires - 2
  13. Number of animals killed along the way:  3 UFO's and thousands of small mice and one injured small car.
  14. Speeding tickets - 1  Oops, did I fail to mention that one along the way?!? 
  15. Times I left my purse:  Miraculously only once in a hotel and thankfully it wasn't at the same time I met up with Officer Friendly.
  16. Number of bathroom stops:  743,693,853,002 and counting
  17. 
    Best burger:  Create Cafe
    Creator:  Christopher Duncan
    
    Weirdest smoker EVER seen.
    
    How I felt at the pump.
    
    Most unusual sign
      
    What 3 bags of smashed fortune cookies look like. 
    Sorry, we wanted to share them.  Not such a good idea.
    Check out the fortune we got though!
      
    Most unusual beer sighted.
    In Utah of course!
    Oh and one last thing, I couldn't help myself.  I stopped at Oz Winery and picked up some more wine!  Let's have an "End of the Road" get together.  Who's in?

11 comments:

  1. Yippee! I was hoping to get some "Run Toto Run" for Ben Dover but they were out. So, I picked up a couple others. Let's do it soon! Maybe you "out-towners" can take your own road trip and come for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come??? I hope you will have Starbucks Coffee there!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my dear, for you Caffe Latte will be served! Venti! You deserve to be at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop laughing about the polygamy beer. I would if it is bitter? :-D

    JJR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I would have shared with you JJR but as it says, "Why have just one!"

    Really, I couldn't bring myself to buy it as it was going to have to ride in the back with the boys. I didn't need them, especially Romeo, getting any kooky ideas.

    So, I got the six pack beside it instead. You will like that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in! So when shall we have this little soiree, and where?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, it's been a little over 3 weeks since you returned, and we've still not had our little get together. You haven't polished off all the booze already have you?
    Looking forward to it, whenever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I must shamefully admit . . . . . I have been eyeballing that bottle of chilled wine in the refrig. I haven't consumed it though. I will work out the details soon. My will power can only last so long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This reminds me of my wife and I's honeymoon roadtrip. There is nothing better than the great American roadtrip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. IT WAS A BLAST! The only problem, not long enough! I would also venture to bet that yours was A LOT more laid back than ours! I thought is MIGHT cure my wanderlust but no luck there. It only made me want to see everything I missed.

    ReplyDelete